View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEDIDIEAH View Post
I just cant get a filter in there without breaking it. I get it started and it all of the sudden won't budge. I have scraped my opening cuts three times now with no luck and walmart charges nearly 30 dollars for this filter. I havent tried yet but if i remove the fan will that give me access to get a hand on the inside to help slide this filter in? Also thanks for mentioning pushing the tabs on the filter housing cover I did not know this and was also frustrated because it will fall off or become loose all the time. So maybe tomorrow i will try getting that cover on! Please if anyone can give me a hint on getting that filter in! I have tried three times and about four hours trying to get one in!
Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner; I've been experiencing internet issues here.

If you remove the fan which takes less then a minute to remove, you have access to filter from the fan opening. Bare in mind that since the dash is in the way, you do have to bend the filter to get it in.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI