View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Chrysler has a service bulliten regarding this issue. This is a simple repair that any mechanic can do in one day. I won't try to quote you a price because parts and labor vary from area to area. I will tell you that this will also be the perfect time to change the distributor cap, rotor, plugs and plug wires since the intake will be out of the way. You should expect to pay around 4-5 hours of your shops labor rate for the plenum pan and intake gasket repair and another couple of hours if you decide to give it a thorough tune up at the same time. I would recommend getting a new set of intake manifold bolts before beginning as the two front one are prone to breaking during removal.