Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
svt2026 is on a distinguished road
Default Oh No, Another Trinity Question

I have had the Trinity for about a month now, yes its great, yes it has a lot of features, yes I can notice the performance gain and its not psychological because i spent over $500 on it.

Here is my question for you: Does anyone monitor the knock sensor and misfire sensor? I know I read somewhere about a few of you that did buy I cant find what I really looking for. In the cold weather I average somewhere 26-38 misfires, no check engine light or anything and I don't hear an audible knock. Is this normal? I put it in the 87, 91, 93 and stock modified tunes and all yielded about the same amount of misfires. The real difference is I get more when its really cold out and most of them happen on start up.

I do realize misfires will happen but is this cause by the tune or is this normal. Also I know some guys talked about having a bad knock with the 93 tune and 93 octane gas so they switched to 91 tune. Is this an audible knock or the knock sensor your referring to.

Im second guessing my purchase now since to really feel the performance in my 2500 I have to run premium gas and the prices suck as much as the truck sucks gas. Plus I hear the Bully Dog has better can tunes, which is all I'm after.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored links