View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

All trims can have the trailer brake, not all that did not come with one have the connectors under the dash to install them afterwards. There are a few threads about this, mostly with the 2010-2012 models, my 2012 did not come with both cables needed to install the OEM brake controller, I only had one, bought the second cable and linked it up under the dash, installed the OEM unit and voila, it was all good and working, even if the Dealer said it can't be done. So do a bit of Research, I am almost positive it will be the same thing for the 2013. Also, if you have the Evic, you will need the dealer to config the ECU for it, it will still work without doing that but apparently it gives you control on the brake force via the EVIC instead of leaning down to do it on the break controller.