View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

OK for those who are waiting to find out how the 4.7L responds with the premium tune and 93 Octane fuel on the Bully Dog Hemi + tuner, I can only tell you that when I first put the tune in I was like, hmmmm, this does not seem to pull as much as the Standard tune, so I drove around to see if I could feel some differences. One thing I notices is the transmission shifted way less, as if it did not have to down shift because the engine was pushing ample and did not need to. So I booted around town for a while "I still had the Traction control" active on the truck, so after about a half hour I was at red light and when it turned green I pushed on the gas, not full stomp but about say 3/4 and the back wheel started spinning, and you could hear the traction control beating away, let off a bit as she pushed away. Got to the highway on ramp and floored it, wow, you could feel it, 100mpg in no time and had to back off but felt like it just wanted to keep going. So like when I install the Standard tune, it took a few days of driving around for it to sort of wake up the truck and seems the same for the premium. I really like the feel of the premium tune on the fact that the transmission does not want to play back and forth all the time the standard was like this also but seems even better with the premium tune. Hope everyone understands what I am talking about, its hard to describe what we feel and we all feel our own way.

I also looked in the unit for where to adjust the transmission shift points but could not find it, so I will contact Austin the guy who told me you could adjust them now and find out what happened to them LOL