View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:17 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

If you boost then you're getting constant power, all the time. If you go bottle-fed then you have very moderate street manners, but you have power on tap if/when you want it. Having been bottle fed before, there's nothing as spectacular as hitting that switch and feeling that surge, it beats the turbo kick any day.

Nitrous is cheaper to run over the long run, and it's an extremely cheap way to get power. For our engines you have to run a wet system, so you can look at ZEX, Nitrous Outlet, or NOS. I personally ran a ZEX kit with an 85mm Nitrous Outlet TB spacer, and it was nothing but fun at the track, pushing my QC 4wd to a mid 13 second pass. You can also scale your nitrous to whatever you want you power level to be, the only restriction being the rotating assembly's ability to dissipate heat. A stock assembly can handle an additional 150hp shot and a 100hp shot regularly and safely.

Forced Induction is another beast and requires a substantial upfront investment, but you can normally expect a 40-50% increase over current HP levels. For the 4th gen you can have the RIPP, ProCharger, or Magnuson systems.