View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmade151 View Post
Well with a budget like yours, headers would not be something to look at. If you have looked at some you will notice that they cost quite a bit and don't give you as much power as you would think you paid for. So with your budget I would stay away from them. As far as the cold air intake, in my personal opinion they all really do they same. You can go to their sites and look at their specs (as far as air flow and things like that.) it really comes down to which you prefer at that point. Now I've been reading on here and looking for a good programmer myself. I stumbled upon hemi fever tuning. They have a programmer called the sct. From looking at the dyno charts they have, it gives you any where from 40 to 45 more horse. Or you can get one for custom programming.

Hoped I helped a little bit.
James
Are you serious? Headers easily give a 15HP gain. While Hemi Fever offers some great stuff, you may have noticed the OP has a 5.9 engine, so I'm guessing that isn't going to work out. I would start with headers and a different cam profile that will add low end power but still retain use of the stock valvetrain.

Last edited by RamTech; 02-08-2013 at 06:56 PM.