View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: Fleet
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:47
Okiespaniels is on a distinguished road

Contact Hemifever about your 95....he may be able to tune that truck.

You probably won't see a big gain on a 95 with a tuner...but it will probably be as much as a set of headers.

I'd avoid the headers for now and get a set of Harland Sharp 1.7 roller rockers. They give a solid 15 hp gain and are about the cost of headers but far easier to install and won't rust away or leak like a cheap set of headers will. Then I would port and polish my throttle body or add a 50 mm throttle body. Those two items with a tuner will eat up a chunk of your budget but you will feel a good power gain. BTW these mods will add badly needed bottom end torque to move that truck with those 35 inch tires!

As far as CAIs I wouldn't waste my money...and I've had them. Your factory system is a very effective CAI and if you're not going to install a cam, after market intake manifold or hi flo heads you'll save some money by running the factory unit with a drop in K&N or similar filter.
I run a 14x3 chrome air cleaner and can't tell the difference between it and the highly modded FIPK I had...

I have a SCT...best mod for the buck.

My next motor mod will be the rocker arms.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 02-09-2013 at 11:53 AM.