Old 02-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PRP Deep Cherry Red
Rep:75
CherryRam will become famous soon enough
Default Bucking/hesitating

Bought a 99 durango (sorry, I know this is a Ram forum but it's the same engine anyways) 5.9L a few weeks ago and had discovered it had a bit of a buck/hesitation that seemed to happen most often at highway speed but sometimes when trying to accelerate up to highway speed. Scanned it and it threw misfire codes for all 8 cylinders. I thought ah that's probably an easy fix with a tune up. Replaced all plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, and a new coil. The next time I took it on the highway it still had the problem. It doesn't do it the whole time but on a 45 minute highway drive it did it for about 5 minutes. Scanned it again and now it throws code 1391 (intermittent loss of CMP or CKP) with no misfire codes now. Think it's the same original problem? And will a new crank sensor fix this or should I look into something deeper?

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750

Last edited by CherryRam; 02-09-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Sponsored links