View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookstroutr View Post
I need some help with what I think is a fuel pump problem. I just picked up this '99 5.9l Ram that sat for a year. It started ok and I got it home (1/2 mile) but no start now. Spark is good there. I'm not YET familiar with this truck and I'm trying to figure out how to jump power to the fuel pump (I did bang on the tank). No noise from the pump with the key on and I am getting power to the 'Fuel System Relay' in the fusebox under the hood. All other fuses checked fine.

I cannot find the wire leads to the fuel pump w/o sliding the bed or dropping the tank which I want to avoid until I clean up the rusting bolts later. I've sorted out a few other problems but need to get this one running for work.

Any ideas on how to 'hotwire' the pump to test it??? I do not have access to a fuel pressure tester right now.
Well I was about to say grab a fuel pressure tester, but you saved that comment for last. Go to autozone or harbor freight and grab one!

I wouldn't mess with the wiring, just drop the tank or remove the bed, besides if the pump turns out to be bad then you are already more than half way done in replacing the pump, haha.