Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:17
ETRob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
I'd be worried about the sound when the MDS kicks in with the 44s. Another guy in my condo complex has then and he says it sounds like a lawnmower ricer when it's in MDS. I was doing research when I bought my cat-back for something that compensates for it and the upper end exhausts do. I got the borla dual out and I've never once heard a change in tone when MDS is on or off. Corsa and i believe gibsons makes kits that attenuate the higher pitch of the MDS as well. They are a bit more $$ but I for one don't ever want to sound like a civic...
armyrgr
CdoilRAM is right on track here. I own a 2005 5.7ltr. LX car with MDS and tried an inexpensive FLOWMASTER C/B Exhaust system. What MOPAR says about MDS is: "a Seamless cylinder deactivation ". THAT is tuned to the factory exhaust. Before the FLOWMASTER's I could not detect, feel, or hear the "Seamless cylinder deactivation. Six weeks later I pulled the FLOWMASTER's off. She has a $$$$ CORSA C/B exhaust now. I might be comparing apples to mangos here; but I'm not settling for the "cheap stuff" for my fleet of HEMI's