View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccd1977 View Post
wow! thanks. what is a good recommendation on a high flow cat and muffler? dont care if it loud but a nice rumble is cool. i dont care about single or duel either. just whatever works on a budget. also, would headers be a good idea at this time? recommendations? thx again.
I can recommend a good setup, It is more of a budget setup however it will not restrict performance only promote it. I recommend a magnaflow CAT, the universal ones that are 80 bucks, really good CAT's and they have made some great improvements in their design, and as far as a muffler I like the thrush turbo mufflers. Many people will say that stuff is just crappy stock replacement but from much reading they are perfect for this engine and produce a very beautiful sound. A setup like this shouldn't cost anymore than 100 bucks, and don't think because it is inexpensive that it would be crappy, because I have bought many expensive "performance promised" items that failed to deliver and have had luck with simple setups.

Headers, you will only see gains with a performance cam and valvetrain. A minimum of .5" lift on both in/ex with a minimum of 2.02 in/1.6 ex and @.05 durations of around 210in/212ex with headers and a good dual exhaust you can see lower to mid 300HP.