View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Hey I'll try to answer your questions, let me know if I missed anything.

First of all, the guy I swapped with actually had another metal bumper with fog lights that he painted white. So when he got home he swapped the chrome one for that one. He just preferred the metal bumper over the plastic. I prefer the plastic over the metal, so it worked out great for both of us.

If you were to buy all the parts to make the swap it is extremely expensive(like $1000+ expensive). Luckily I did a straight up trade with a guy locally and all I had to buy was a few pieces to get the fog lights working.

My truck does not have the harness for the fog lights but mopar makes an oem fog light kit that mounts fog lights in the metal bumper where the tow hooks go(you can google this for more info). So I bought this kit and used the harness from it to wire up the factory fog lights in the sport bumper. The harness connections are the same or the fog lights, and then you just plug two wires into an existing harness(they are already pinned so you just snap them in), then connect one ground wire, and it's all set up. It's EXTREMELY easy. Then you just have to have the dealer program the pcm with a certain code so the fog lights function. It's a lot easier than it sounds. The fog light kit was ~$175. I then had the xtra fog lights/brackets/hardware and sold those to a guy on the forum for $50. Oh and the kit comes with a replacement switch for in the cab(oem switch, really clean install). I can probably sell the old switch on ebay for $20 or so.

If I missed anything let me know...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.