View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

This doesn't surprise me at all. I knew ALL about the Tundra prior to purchasing my truck. I was days from purchasing one [deposit down].

The Tundra's a good truck. It's not a Ram, but it's a damn good truck. What killed you is the pathetic torque converter Chrysler seemed to think was a bright idea on these trucks and how de-tuned our trucks are. Case in point: read about the MANY raving reviews people are posting with the canned and custome tunes now [finally] available for our 12' models. The Tundra motor will rev and keep reving until the governor decides enough, is enough. I know; I drove one for nine days prior to purchasing my truck.... and drove it like the LAPD was on my tail. The geniuses at Toyota did wonders with this truck..... along with a brilliant marketing stragedy that's done wonders for their sales.

I got shot down a while back when I commented on the Tundra and it's quality inside and out. While I don't believe it touches the Ram overall, I think under the hood, it teaches Chrysler a lesson or two. But who's listening, right?

My next-door neighbor is a car dealer. He recently bought home a 2010 Toyota Tundra Limited Crew with 12K that was BONE STOCK. He had just purchased it from an elderly gentleman who babied it since 2009 but, unfortunately, an illness of late had forced him to not be able to drive it any longer. It was flawless inside/out. We thought, hey, why not? We did standstill and rolling starts.

I had just a tad over 1/2 tank full, his fuel gauge was showing full. We ran in our street, for sheets and giggles, which is app. 1/2 mile long as the crow flies before it takes a sharp LHT and freshly paved. He got me off the mark, mid-way and top-end on FOUR runs. Everytime!

Was I suprised? Somewhat. Was I upset? No. Did I expect to get him at any stage? Yes. However, like someone stated earlier, I too didn't purchase my Ram "... for the 0-60 times or street racing... I just prefer the looks, comfort, handling, and the Hemi power... "

It is what it is....

Grub out!