Old 02-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 ram express
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
hemiexp04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor man View Post
I havent had a chance to play with any of the Ford's yet, but I hope this track season there are some out there. You guys are putting down some good times, any of you running the ported throttle bodies? I have heard good things about the 87mm with mods like headers and tunes on the 4th gen trucks. As far a the gear ratio thing goes, the R/T needs to replace the valve springs and get the rev limit raised to 6800 so it can shift at higher rpm and also recover at higher rpm, that will help keep it out of the 1:1 shift. I can cross the traps with my stock size 20's at 6800rpm in 2nd gear at 95.xx mph, that is getting me about a 13.9x. I am now running out of rpm as the truck is ready to run faster, I think I need my tuner to give me 7k, that should allow me to run mid 13's with that tire. My best time with my 26" dr's and current set up is the same as my stock 20's, so there gear ratio really makes a difference.
No I will never waste my money on a ported tb..biggest waste of money ever. Are running stock cam revving tht high? I would be scared haha