Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Snow White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:160
Yo Nadz has a spectacular aura aboutYo Nadz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zixxer View Post
Yo Nadz - Ok, my kits came in this weekend and I pulled the instructions, all set to go and I literally seem to have the exact same setup for main lamps and fogs. Now I know they are both 55W 6000k but when going through the order options we pay more for the main lamps because of the projector bulb and HIR2 but there's no difference in the bulbs I have for main or fogs...and all four have silver capping on the ends. Do you remember the same? The only difference is the sticker on the lamps in one kit reference the 9012 is a variation of the 9006 bulb...which I already knew.

I sent a note to Retro Solutions so hopefully I'll get some insight from them or you. I don't want to install until I'm at least sure the main bulbs are correct and the silver capping is/is not correct...which again is odd, why or what does the capping service do that would be visible in comparison? Unless of course all of mine were accidently capped.
The 9112 is the HEADLIGHT bulb. The sticker is right, it's a "variation" of the 9006 bulb or also known as HIR2. The biggest difference in the headlight and fog light kits is the HARNESS. The harness for the headlights is a little more complex, has a relay, and a capacitor built into it. This is what eliminates flickering. The fog harness is smaller.

As for capping, did you request it on both the headlights and fogs? Or was it Retro's mistake?? I would definitely use the capped 9006's for the fogs. Even with them capped there is still a substantial amount of flare. No capping would probably be even worse. I used UNCAPPED HIR2's in the headlights cause there is no need for it. I really dont think it matters if your's are capped though. Shouldn't effect the projector output.

Let me know if you have any other questions.