Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 2wd
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
drumwzrd is on a distinguished road
Default Major Issue After Daystar 1.5" Leveling Kit Installed

From what I have seen other people do and hear the horror stories about the 2007 2wd upper control arms, I just wanted to go with a mild leveling kit and within the next month, add CST lift spindles on top of that. I installed the 1.5" Budget Boost kit and this is where everything went to hell really quick. I installed the spacers and left in the factory rubber pad since it is so thin. I lined up the bottom spring coils with the factory notches in the lower control arms and bolted everything together. When I lowered the truck, I backed in and out of the driveway in a zig-zag so the front end would settle. When I tried to bolt on the factory shocks, they were too short by about 1". I could only get the nut on the shock tops by a few threads. As I tightened the nut, I was actually lowering the truck since the shocks had NO more rebound travel and I was basically compressing the coil spring. I took it for a drive and the truck rode like it was on hydraulics due to the lack of any shock travel. This should not have happened with the 1.5" kit since it is so minimal. If I removed the shocks, I was perfectly level which SHOULD be impossible with such a small kit. I ended up removing them the next day because something was obviously wrong. Here are a couple pics. The first is the stock height and the second one is the truck with the spacers and the shocks maxed out. If I removed the shocks, it sits almost perfectly level. Any ideas of what could have happened?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Internet1.jpg (57.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Internet2.jpg (71.1 KB, 51 views)
Sponsored links