View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
cwking25 is on a distinguished road

my 2002 has the same setup as your truck Buzzvoodoo, what i found out about the infinity system is that the factory amp only puts out lows to the front door speakers, highs to the 3 tweeters on the dash, and full range sound to the rear doors, terrible design in my opinion, i bought an aftermarket wire harness to by-pass the factory amp when i installed my jvc cd player, i also replace all the speakers in the truck with Rockford Fosgate, even the left and right tweeters on the dash, but left out the center dash speaker. My stereo sounds great now. As far as your door locks not locking all the doors, mine did this as well, i read on here somewhere, to look inside the the rubber boots in the door jams where the wires run into the door, just carefully take a razor knife and slit the boot and inspect the wires, i found 4 or 5 wires that were broke in half, do to poor design by Dodge. i just added a piece of wire where each wire was broke and slapped it back together, havent had any issues in over 2 years now! Hope this helps you!