Old 02-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram sport 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ronnie11223 is on a distinguished road

ok I just installed the camera kit in my 2011 dodge ram sport the instruction say to tap into the big brown plug it is the in sort of the middle no it says to tap in the white with light green tracer wire well that is there and I tapped into it and nothing! if you read the instructions it says if you have a 2010 ram to use the white with red tracer wire well I figure why not try that one cause its not working and sure enough it worked!!! it must have something to do with the build date of the truck! also the camera wont work until you have the dealer activate it the dealer charged my $65 to activate mine and it didn't work (because I tapped the wrong wire) but the screen did go black but the camera did not come on!
now the way I know the white with red wire worked is because I tested it with a test light it is very easy to do and ill explain it.
start your truck and go to the tipm find the 2 wires white with light green tracer and the whit with red tracer push in the test light and you should get nothing! now put on your emergency brake and put the truck in reverse (please be carful) now go back to the wires and test the 2 wires which ever one gives you the light is your reverse wire crimp and solder the camera trigger wire and your up and running!
if you need anymore help I would be glad to talk on the phone here is my cell # 718-490-4263 hope this helps you guys out! and those are there just keep looking!