View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

I also got my new visors in the mail and installed today (today was a great day for mods! ). I purchased the AVS visors off Amazon as they were the best price I could find and I got them delivered in two days with my Prime membership.

I have only had the tape on version in the past (on my '99 Tahoe) and although I was quite pleased with them, I swore I would not tape anything to the paint on my new $45k truck.. lol. So I bought these in channel visors.. I must say they are rather simple to install. I only had issues with the passenger front door.. it wasn't seating right and kept engaging the auto-down window feature. After about fifteen minutes of cussing and wanting to break it in half, I finally got it wiggled into place. All windows are up and will stay that way for at least a few days to ensure the tape takes and all visors seat properly.

Now that they are installed.. I am not sure if I should have them painted. (I know they are taped in.. but I could always put fresh 3M tape on them after being painted to install them again.) After taking a look at the pics below.. what do you guys all think? Get them paint matched? Or no?