Old 02-20-2013, 01:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT REG. CABX2
Trim Level: SLT
Color: CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
RammD will become famous soon enough

UPDATE: Randy, looks like you were right (no surprise there) on the solid warning indicator vs. blinking warning indicator. You were dead on....after work today I checked all 4 of my tires with a good tire pressure indicator and did the 3 good ones first. All showed right at about 34PSI which is where they should be. Then I saved the questionable tire for last and to my surprise, it read 29PSI!! I was pretty sure it was the tire pressure sensors or something similar with that one tire as I could not see any difference in the tire pressure by sight or by feel. Anyway, sure enough it read 29PSI so it was definitely low.

Clearly, the tire pressure indicator had some issues reading it properly because after I put air in it this morning it went from 29psi to 35 psi. But when I kept checking the tire pressure on the way home the one tire read anything from 28psi to 35psi! So clearly the tire pressure sensor system was reporting an issue with that tire it just wasn't getting an accurate read on the air pressure. So when it flashed 29PSI this morning, it must of really been more like 23-24psi. What I did was fill that tire with my key in the ignition and kept checking the tire pressure indicator on the dash until I saw that one tire go to 35psi. Once it did, I stopped filling. But then when it flashed 35psi and it still said "LOW" I figured it was definitely the tire pressure sensor or system. Anyway, what I did was filled that one tire up to 41psi tonight (checked with a tire gauge) figuring that going over 5-7psi should definitely get that indicator warning light off and sure enough it did just that! For the last couple of hours that one tire has read 41psi and hasn't changed and there is no indicator warning light on at all. No warning lights on, no flashing, nothing. If I do have a leak in the tire, it's a very slow one because as I said, for the last 2 hours, it's still showing 41psi and hasn't dropped at all. I'll check it again in the morning and if I see it drop more then a few psi (normal for cold morning weather) then I'll know there's a leak.

The good news is that I am still under my 3/36 had it been the sensor or tire pressure system. But I also purchased a lifetime road hazard and balance and rotate plan from America's Tire as soon as I bought my truck. It's already paid for itself 5 fold as I've balanced my tires 5-6 times, every 5k and there's still a ton of tread on them after 27k miles. If the tire is leaking air, they'll patch it under my road hazard plan free, so it's all good either way.
Thanks again for the info Randy, you are the only person on the planet that has 3 sets of eyes and 10 hands! To be able to respond to posts as quickly as you do is really incredible. Thanks again for the info....i'll update this post one more time with the end result tomorrow.

Last edited by RammD; 02-20-2013 at 01:55 AM.