View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:50 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

For time at the track I haven't found anything that kinds you in the butt like nitrous... well, unless you do turbos. You can pick up a basic kit for fairly cheap, or look around for a used kit. Our engines require a wet kit, and you need to prep the engine for nitrous, you can't just bolt it on and not expect something to happen. For safety, you should have an AFR gauge, colder plugs, purge, and a bottle heater or a NANO system. It doesn't matter what name brand you get, they're all good. ZEX, NOS, NitrousOutlet. I found the ZEX system to be the easiest to install, but it's limited if you want to upgrade to a higher flow system in the future.

I was running a 125 shot on 2 stage colder plugs and pulled 4 degrees of timing, thing ran like a raped ape and when we pulled the heads the cylinders and rings were in great shape. A 75 shot can be used with no issues and should have 1 stage colder plugs, 100 shot is 1 stage colder + 2 degrees of timing. Rule of thumb is 1 degree of timing for every 25hp. Now, you can leave the plugs in all the time, but it can hurt your fuel economy if you're running really cold plugs.

Oh, you MUST run high octane fuel when running nitrous, but that should go without saying since you're going for performance.