View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

I got a lot of questions, comments, and raised eye brows when I wanted to get mine painted as well. I can tell you from having these for along time they will not chip. For whatever reason the truck accessory store I have in NC has a paint shop that does them for $80 flat. As you can tell from my pictures it seems to match just fine.

What I don't understand is why they want to charge so much. They only make enough paint for the job. I don't know what the paint shop does to get mine right but I suspect they simply put on a primer that promotes adhesion to plastic. Then paint it and clear! That is all I had to do for my Intake cover and Hemi hat. Cost me roughly $50 bucks in paint supplies.

Chrome... in moderation.