Old 02-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:61
dodgeguy will become famous soon enough

Yeah, it's an old thread.. I'd forgotten how old, actually. It's been a while since I put the bull bar on. Thanks guys.

To answer your question IfCantDodge, yes, the truck has bigger tires than stock on it. The tires in the pictures are 285/75r16s (33" tires, 16" rims). The rims have a +2 or +0 offset, something like that. It basically means that the rims are pushed away from the truck ~1" more than stock rims, if I remember correctly. The 33s fit without any rubbing, no trimming necessary. To be honest, I think they look just a tad bit small. Don't get me wrong; I love the way it all looks. I just wouldn't mind a little bit bigger tires. The truck had 315/75 tires (35") on it at one point, but that was before I bought the truck, so I don't know if those rubbed or not. However, if I got rims with more offset (something like -8 or -12, the lower the offset the more the tires are pushed out from the truck) I could fit 35s with no problem.

Personally, I would think that stock tires with the 3" lift would look small. That's just my opinion. It's really up to you; I don't think that the lift without the tires would look terrible. I just think it would look better with tires too. One thing you could think about doing is leveling the truck now and not changing the tires, and then going back and adding a lift and bigger tires later.