View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 02:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn 4x4
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:11
peppermintpete is on a distinguished road

It has been 1 year since the arrival of my vehicle to Deutschland.
Some info for anyone in the military shipping their RAM:

The "inspection" consisted of them confirming what year it was and saying "Very good".
I guess they don't look too closely at new vehicles. I got a green emission sticker and some plates and I was good to go.

They didn't care about tires or anything. I had put the stock tires back on before it shipped out. Good thing, because there is nowhere within 250km to even drive off road. As much as I don't like the original tires, they are better suited to the autobahn for extended periods of time than my Nitto's. I see a few other American vehicles that have lifts and giant tires and I can only wonder where they even find any dirt roads, let alone any terrain that would justify putting so much wear on their tires while they here. Wranglers with snorkels are the funniest to see, since 99% of the places you could even find to go off-roading in Germany are illegal or privately owned by the natives that don't care too much for Americans.

There's at least 6 other 4th gen's in the area, with at least twice as many 3rd gen's.

I am in the Stuttgart area, which is a huge anomaly. They make some of the world's fastest cars here (Mercedes), but the traffic is so bad on the autobahn you can barely do the speed limit.

Last edited by peppermintpete; 02-23-2013 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Grammar