Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT REG. CABX2
Trim Level: SLT
Color: CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
RammD will become famous soon enough
Default RAM TPMS Works Awesome!

I've gotta give Dodge props for how awesome the TPMS system functions..it works as designed! Long story short a few days ago my tire pressure monitor was reading low on my passenger front tire and it appeared as though the sensor or TPMS system was faulty. It turned out that while there was an oddity with the TPMS initially, that reset and the issue was clearly the tire itself which was losing 10lbs PSI each day. Anyway, I have a lifetime road hazard plan with America's Tire and it took them a while to find the leak, they finally found it and repaired it.

Fast forward a couple of days later. I kept my eyes on the Tire pressure and checked it regularly to see if the tire that was repaired was still losing air or if it was fine. That is when I noticed my DRIVER'S SIDE FRONT TIRE losing air. I was like WTF!!?? Sure enough, the tire was losing 3-4psi per day and I figured they just balanced and rotated my tires (I have the lifetime balance and rotate plan as well) and put that repaired tire on the other side. When I called America's Tire I spoke to the guy that did the repair job and he said he put the tire back on the same side so I went outside, checked the tire in full and see a small nail in the tire! Talk about bad luck...anyway, I go back to America's they repair this tire and we laugh about the bad luck.

Talk about an oddity. I don't have any tire issues for 3 years, and within 2 days have back to back issues. But what is awesome is that the tire pressure warning indicator went off both times which likely prevented me being on the freeway and possibly getting RIM DAMAGE from a flat that I was unable to notice in enough time! There isn't anything I don't love about my Ram...everything works better then advertised and the TPMS system is no exception! The icing on the cake is that the guy at America's Tire was explaining to me that they do a full on repair of the tires, they don't just plug or patch them. They fill the repair area with rubber, and then they patch over that so that the tire is doubly protected. I was there about 45 minutes each time and paid nothing, so that plan worked out. I'm glad I purchased the Maxicare lifetime plan for any potential issues that come up with my Ram down the line...peace of mind makes it worth every penny.
Sponsored links