Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport CC 4x4
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:74
hemipowerv8 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueRam10 View Post
I had the mufflex 14 and it sounded sweet, nice deep rumble, but when I put cold air on the sound changed alot and I didnt like it as much. So I swapped it for the flowmaster super 40 and its much louder now and has better response

I would think the Super 40 FM would be louder than the Magnaflow 14"...?
I have had Flowmaster on everything I have owned for many years but ONE vehicle...my Charger SRT that I had for like a year I put a FULL Magnaflow system on...way too quiet for my taste...I liked the idle and WOT but everything in between was about like stock...turned me off to Magnaflow for the next several vehicles...but my new truck on order, I am thinking to try either the 14" or the 18" - basically I want it to be slightly less noise than Flowmaster Super 40 I have currently...with a smoother more refined rumble that Magnaflow is known for...

So to those that have owned BOTH how does the 14" Magna compare to FM Super 40 sound volume wise??...(I understand the Magnaflow is less restrictive I have seen both mufflers cut in half)

Lets say stock volume is a 1...straight pipe/no mufflers is a 10...I would call the Super 40 setup a 7 to 8 personally...I'm looking for a 6 on this scale...if that makes sense...Would the 14" get me there? I really don't want to get the 18" in fear of it being too quiet like a 4. I have heard the 22" Magnaflow and I would call that a 2. More sound than stock...but barely noticeable.
Mods: Tint, Line-X spray in, PD emblems, Weathertech mats, Honeycomb grille, Mopar tow hooks, Magnaflow 18" and Y, Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" & TGC rear spacer .75", Toyo All terrains 35x12.50x20, 5" black tips, BakFlip tonneau cover, 87mm tb
Next: Gorilla lifetime lug nuts, CAI, Diablo tune.