View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

GF is the only kit that's marketed for the 4wd... but the 2wd kits work just fine, you just won't have a parts warranty because it's "not the intended use". I am installing a McG's 2/4 kit on my '09 4wd and contemplating cutting the springs to a 3/5, which is about as low as you can take the front before you start having CV issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknchromehemi View Post
i was kinda hoping to get the mcg spindles and the belltech kit and cut the rear spring an inch to get a 4/5 does anyone see any issues with doing this?
You will be at too much of an angle on your front CV joints and you'll wear them out or just plain ol' snap them when you put the pedal down in 4wd. I've seen it before, not pretty. You can always just do the spindles and get the rear spring kit, or just stick with springs, many ways to skin this cat.