View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express Package
Color: Mineral Gray Matalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:320
JimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
I have owned 2 Chevy 1/2 ton pickups & the 1999 had a transmission that was starting to act up
So i wanted a New 2009 Chevy 1/2 ton, the salesman incorrectly told me that i couldn't get 4 wheel disc brakes, so i drove over to a GMC dealer & the weather was quite warm, the salesman didn't want to step outside of the showroom, so i left
Went to a Toyota dealership & not one salesman stepped out of the showroom, until they saw me walking back to my 1999 Chevy, they they were in a mad rush to talk to me, i just drove off
Ford never made a good automatic transmission, so i didn't even look at them.
I then drove to the Dodge dealership, salesmen crowded around me like a pack of wolves, sensing prey.
I didn't like the way the Rams nose looks, trying to seem like a semi truck, i don't like the tailgate either, but i needed a truck. I don't like much about the exterior design, can't tell where the bumpers are, afraid the right side is going to knock off mirrors while driving down a narrow road. I never drove it or really looked at it on the dealers lot, before i signed the papers & drove it off the lot.
My 2009 slowly grew on me & it has been reliable, so i can't complain
I don't know if i will buy another Ram
I will definitely buy another classic Chevy 1/2 ton

By the way, most sales people don't like my looks, i look like a homeless person, long hair & long beard, worn out jeans & t-shirt when i go shopping. They look at me & wonder what i am going to rip off. It doesn't bother me & they can't tell if i have money or not, so they don't waste their breath trying to sell me a New vehicle
So that means the Dodge/Ram sales people saw you and felt sorry for you and that's how you got the Ram at a discount. Or is the fact that they saw you driving that P.O.S. GM truck and felt sorry for you or it could be that they all fell in love with a guy who looks like a homeless Santa Clause. Or it could be a whole other reason all together.