View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

So I went to the dealership today for three problems...

First.. my USB connections (the one on the RHR head unit and the one in the upper glove box) are not working. I loaded pics onto three different flash drives and tried all of them on both USB ports with no luck whatsoever. The radio display didn't show any acknowledgment that there was even a flash drive inserted into the port(s), even though one of my drives has an external light that illuminates when it has power. Their radio expert was who tried troubleshooting it in the truck with me.. he said that there may be an update needed.. or I may have to have my radio completely replaced.

Question: IF I do need a replacement radio, do you think I could request the one that has the Garmin Nav? I currently have 730N RHR and the nav drives me nuts. I've read and heard good things about the radio with Garmin Nav and would love to have that one instead - if given the opportunity.

Second.. both of my front seats are starting to warp similar to what I've read about happening to other members. The driver's seat is worse off and the passenger seat is not far behind, already showing the same signs (crinkling sounds when depressed by hand and very wavy, lumpy, when drawing your hand over the surface).

And third.. the external window trim at the base of the window on the driver's door is badly bubbled/gouged at the very front edge, near the mirror. I noticed it today and decided to bring it to their attention while I was in for the other two concerns.. they were as perplexed as I am. They took pictures and are submitting it to Chrysler.. quoting it as a defect since they were all unsure as to what could have caused it (they all agreed that I was not at fault). I actually overheard them comparing it to a previous issue they've seen on '12s where this exterior window strip has been peeling or something - didn't catch the whole conversation.

I am supposed to get a call next week sometime to set an appointment to have all three of these issues looked at in the garage (they were busy and gave my truck a once over in the parking lot today).