View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:9
PeterGriffin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BIG tow trip coming up soon, wanna do it right...

In less than a month I'll be trailering my 22-foot H&H enclosed car carrier (dual axle) from RI to AZ, about 2700 miles...

My truck's a Quad Cab Sport so it has the Hemi, 20s, 76-inch bed, and (unfortunately) 3.55s/open diff. I added the MOPAR rear view camera and trailer brake controller recently and have a set of Air Lift 1000 bags waiting to be installed.

I'm adding a BakFlip F1 with BakBox toolbox and a MOPAR bed extender for bed storage/security for the trip.

The max weight for the trailer should not exceed 8K pounds, and would more likely be closer to 7500. I also have a WD hitch...

I'm expecting HORRIFIC mileage. I barely squeak 15 MPG completely empty now driving like I have a bald eagle egg under the skinny pedal. I'm envisioning a max speed of 65 to keep my tank range in the 210 mile range (hopefully).

Am I missing anything? Any additional purchases I should consider? My relocation snuck up on me a bit, and I don't have the budget to do a gear swap or add a LSD right now...

What about tire pressure? I'm usually a stickler for the door sticker but thought that airing them up a bit would help. I'm planning on getting some quality A/Ts to replace the stockers that are on there shortly anyway.

Thanks in advance for the helpful replies!
MOPAR trailer brake controller,rubber floor mats & rear view camera*tint*Plastidipped wheels*K&N drop-in*180 thermostat*debadged*running boards DELETED*Front Speakers:Quantum Audio 6-inch*Rear Speakers:Pioneer 6x9*Alpine 4-channel amp*Kenwood Sub amp*Sub:2/10-inch Rockford Fosgate*high/low/fog HIDs

Last edited by PeterGriffin; 02-28-2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: tire pressure question.
Sponsored links