Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew 4X4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Met.
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
roar84 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattelledge View Post
I have a similar issue on my 2012 Laramie with only 2500 miles. it sounds like the slightest of rattles at the top of the windshield. it has only happened (so far) when there is ice or snow on the winshield. but, it rattles when on smooth road the same as when going over bumps. it's almost like the windshield gasket/glue or whatever they put in there is expanding as the car heats up or something. not sure. it doesn't sound like the dash though. of course, it goes away once the truck is heated up and all the ice is gone from windshield/trim. i should probably take it to the dealer when there is snow and ice on the windshield so that i can show them the "Intermitent" problem. gotta love those kind.

It has been a while and I have an update for my issue. I went to the dealership and rode with a tech and they heard the noise. They determined the noise was coming from inside the headliner above the driver's seat. They told me to find the problem that they would have to take the whole headliner off, about a 3hr job. They said that it may make the noise worse if they took the headliner off.

I haven't made a decision yet but the noise drives me nuts when I go over bumps and the cab is cold. The noise sounds like gentle scratching on a chalk board. Any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.