Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:163
bendodge has a spectacular aura aboutbendodge has a spectacular aura about
Default Extra Support Brackets for the Flipup Mirror

I ordered what were supposed to be the flipup tow mirror and received the slide out style and in the kit was a extra support bracket to help stop mirror vibration ? So when I ordered the correct flipup style mirror I had the parts person order the brackets that were in the other kit and installed them with the flipup style mirror.
How they Work: they go over the the back mirror studs and then tie to 3 other areas on the door. The 3 other holes where already in my door and they are in a hexagon shape so I went to the local auto parts store and purchased 6 WellNuts and six stove bolts with some fender washers. Insert the WellNuts before you install the brackets and use the stove bolts and fender washsers on the 3 new mounts. WellNuts were used to mount the big mirrors on our old Fire trucks so that is how I came up with using them for this project.

Mirror Part # Flipup, Heated,power,puddle and turn.
68143805AB & 68143804AB $387.00 each ?
Bracket Part #
68078243AA &6807842AA $7.00 each ?

My truck did not come with Puddle and turn signals as it is a Express model but the extra plug for what I asume to be the Puddle and turn lights did plug into my door module and there were pins in the module for the plug to make contact with so I am hoping a dealer flash to enable them will work. Also the plugs are keyed so they only fit in a specific socket in the door module so i do not think they could be plugged into the wrong spot.

Has anyone had the Puddle and turn signals activated successfully on a Express, and if so what are the codes in need to activate.