View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Jaron good luck with the interview!! I would take anything that is documented leadership roles that you have done and personal reviews of you in that position. Like you said it can't be held against you if it is all good. I started volunteer firefighting when I was 16 with my community. We were a very small department of 25 at the time. I also went for Lieut. when I was 20 it sounds kind of similar but the board wasn't as big as we weren't that big of a department but the training I had taken and like you said the events and the extra time you put in all counts and I was lucky enough to get the position. A year after that our community got enlarged as we joined another area and were up to about 45 people and at 24 I went for a Capt spot and when I got that I was asked if I would help set up the training and courses that the members were to take. I helped for a bit and the Officer I was helping retired and it was on my own doing it. It was a bit more stressful that is for sure but I really enjoyed it. I unfortunately couldn't afford to stay living in the area and moved away and haven't volunteer at another Dept. marriage, kids and life have made it hard to be able to find the hours required to be a great volunteer.

I kinda rambled a whole lot there but I know you can do it. I am sure your training and dedication to the department will set you apart and make you the strongest candidate!!