View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 Charger View Post
I don't know if everyone is aware of this or not. But most foreign engines are Hemi's. They are not allowed to advertise the Hemi name due to patents. Look at a VW, BMW, Mazda, Mercedes and other car manufacterers engines. Mostly all have hemispherical heads. It is the Detroit technology that makes the V-8 Hemi awesome sounding with great HP and Torque ratings, the European engines have their own sound (not attention grabbing like the Mopar), with lower HP and Torque ratings. The big $$$$ European engines have nice HP and Torque ratings, but not the average car.
Exactly...my Conquest, with its 2.6L I4, is a hemi.
If you bought an older Dodge (198x Dodge Challenger), that came with the 2.6L...it had a badge on the fender that said 2.6 Hemi.

The funny thing is, the G54B is completley designed by Mitsubishi. Hell...even the Chrysler 2.2s were hemis.

The Hemi is a name. Even the new hemis in the Dodges are just as Hemi as anything else. But...nothing will ever be as much of a hemi as the old 426...because, well, thats the one that made the name.
They can call the new hemis, hemis all they want...but, they're not the same

Also...I see FIAT written all over this.

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH