View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

I have an update regarding day time running lights... a conversation I have had with numerous members.. I have learned that my truck, had it been shipped and sold in Canada, would have had the DRL option turned on (as it is required by law there). So, reason leaves me to believe that my truck, having been purchased in the USA, should have the ability to have the DRL option turned on somewhere inside the truck's computer.

I have visited my dealer in Utah and they informed me, after connecting their diagnostic machine or something to my truck, that there was no option displayed for the DRL and that they could not turn it on.

I just visited Cowboy Dodge here in Cheyenne (I am visiting family) and posed the same question and request to them. They said they can do it and turn the DRL on but that it would cost me $110 plus taxes. I kept my cool and asked why I would have to pay for a safety feature that is automatically on from the factory when the vehicle is shipped to Canada. Their reply was that this is a "Customer Preference" and is therefor not covered under warranty nor can it be turned on as a courtesy. My final question to them was this.. "So you're telling me that if I was buying a new Ram from you and I wanted the DRL option turned on that you would add $110 plus taxes to my out the door purchase price for the rig?" They had no reply.

Needless to say, I left without an appointment to return.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I have my hometown dealer say it can't be done. Another dealer in a different state say it can be done, for a price. Is there any way to find out for a fact if it can be and how to get the instructions/steps to my hometown dealer who said that if they could do it, they wouldn't charge me anything??

Bottom line.. I do not feel as though I should have to pay for this "Customer Preference" as it is a safety feature, at least in my mind. I am starting to feel like I am getting the run around on this. I also feel as though this dealer in Cheyenne is just trying to get more money out of me. *sigh* I'm beginning to lose interest in having this done.

Last edited by KA1OTE; 03-04-2013 at 05:22 PM.