View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 3500
Rep:10
wagon52 is on a distinguished road

I starting noticing a nasty odor in my truck about a month or so ago.(2006 Ram 3500 Quad Cab) Took it in for some extended warranty work a week ago since my warranty expires in April. My good friend is my mechanic and works at the dealership so I feel comfortable with it being there. Either way, When it was in last week my friend (the mechanic) said he wanted me to bring it back in to check for a water leak because he thought that the odor was being caused by some kind of leak. Looked around the back glass while it was raining last week and noticed water in the bottom track of the power slider. didn't look any further since I thought I found the source. I removed the carpet and back wall padding that was damp and moldy. So I rescheduled and took it back today (of course my buddy was off today) and the "water leak" guru looked at it and said it was leaking from the rear window. Told me they could reseal it and it would cost $230 and it was not covered under the extended warrant, neither was the carpet. Told them to go ahead and do the repair. They called me back a couple hours later and told me that the "water leak" guru tried to repair it but couldn't and that the only fix would be to replace the back window to the tune of $725. Service guy said that the problem is there is no drains for the window and that there is an updated rear slider that has drains to alleviate the problem........I told them I would pick the truck up and to not do anymore to it. First, if that was the case then why wouldn't Chrysler replace the window under a warranty situation if they know there is a problem?

Sorry for the long winded explanation but I guess I will be looking at my 3rd brake light when I get the truck home and praying that it is the cause of my leak so it can be fixed. I'm hoping and praying that it is.