Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 R/T - Ram
Color: Charcoal
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ratbastard is on a distinguished road
Default SRT calipers on Ram 1500

hey guys,
I saw an article in "Truckin" magazine where they had a 2011 ram 1500 and they put the new 6.4L in the thing. it was a beast!! But they also added the SRT - 4 piston calipers on it. Where the hell did they get them? What matches with the 2011 ram 2 wd suspension? I looked at the Brake calipers off a 2008 Cherokee SRT - 8 and they were not even close..

I know they had some, as they had the upgrade in the magazine, I am just curious if they had to swap out the whole front suspension from a new Challenger / or if I could just grab some Calipers from a wrecker....

Any Brake wizard out there? Seems like lotsa people do all these engine mods and then forget about the brakes..

I am going to do the following: Comp cams- 274 cam, afe CAI, Moes 87 mm throttle body, headers, B & G race tune, to start with... but I also need to be able to stop this beast.

I will post pics of the mods as soon as the SNOW is gone....
I have to use Studded pure winter tires, plus about 800 lbs in the bed to move around up North..

I am hoping for a REAL - 425- 450 RWHP - Dyno pull when this is done in the spring ( May ) I will post a video on youtube and share the link.

Thanks,
Sponsored links