View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future
Default Wheel size and tire choice: opinions?

Hey everyone. I'm looking for some opinions on what wheel width and what tires to go with.

The wheels I want are Fuel Hostage Chrome. Now the question is, do I want to go 20x10's or stick with 20x9's? My reason for thinking about 20x10's is I like the look of a deeper wheel. But now I'm thinking that going with a 20x9 might save a little bit of weight which will might help keep my fuel mileage a little better (I realize it's going way down with the bigger tires). I'm also thinking that a 12.5" wide tire might look a little better on a 9" wide rim rather than a 10".

As far as tires go I'm a little more uncertain. Originally I was going to go with a mud tire, mainly for the looks. But with the amount of highway driving I do I'm thinking an A/T tire might be a better option. I do off road a little bit, but not in anything that would require a full on mud tire. My top choice for A/T tire is the Toyo Open Country A/T's and my choice for a mud tire would probably be Federal Couragia M/T's because they're a lot cheaper. But I'm open to any opinions that you guys have of any of the options.

Any experience you guys have with mileage on any of the tires is also appreciated. Along with pictures that any one has with any of these set ups including one of how far they stick out.

I am thinking about putting a 6" lift on the truck eventually too so I want the tires to look proper then too.

Attaches are the pictures of the wheels and one of my truck. I do have a 2.5" leveling kit and 0.75" rear coil spacers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HostageC-200.jpg (86.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2566cropped.jpg (129.9 KB, 15 views)

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's

Last edited by brandonjansen; 03-06-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Sponsored links