View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Hey guys. Before I bought my Bully Dog I was looking around the forum a bit for pictures of guys installing them on their A-pillar. I didn't find anything so I thought I'd share mine in case anyone is wondering what it looks like.

The A-pillar gauge pod is super easy to install. Literally took me 5 minutes when I got home from work last night. Just follow the instructions and you won't have a problem.

The Bully Dog was also a really easy install. What actually took me the longest was installing some relays and building a bracket for them (sorry don't have a pic of that). My reason for that was the lack of keyed 12v power on these trucks. So I built a bracket that mounts on the inner fender between the batter and the firewall. Installed two relays on it, one for my AirLift compressor and the other one to run any accessories I need to such as the Bully Dog. Other than that it's just plugging the adapter into your OBD II port and running your wires nicely.

As far as my first impressions of the Bully Dog go, I love it. I'm running the regular tune right now (87 octane). Definitely have noticed a bit of a power/torque increase, especially on the bottom end. Haven't had it on long enough to comment on any fuel economy gains. Once I run a few tanks through and do my calculations I'll update the thread. It's definitely nice having all the gauge read outs too. I like to see what everything in my truck is doing so it's pretty nice to have all those gauges on one screen rather than running tons of separate gauges in the truck.

One thing that hasn't been working for me yet is the special functions in the tuner. I tried to disable the DRL's and driver door unlock but for some reason it didn't work. I'll maybe have to do a bit of messing around with it or contact Bully Dog to see what's up with that. If any of you have had problems with this I'd love to know how you fixed it.

So let me know if you guys have any questions about the install or the product. If you want to get a Bully Dog for yourself PM jhinkle1989 from Discount Auto Performance. He'll hook you up.
Nice setup, been running mine on the 91+ for 2 weeks now and love it, love the shift points now, for me just the way the transmission does not search for gears anymore makes it worth the investment, hated how the truck used to drive before. Anyways, nice setup.