View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjalogic View Post
Hello guys and gals, here is my problem, my truck still runs rough as hell I have changed out, the IAC, TPS, and MAP sensors, I have also changed the Plugs with Champion Copper 436 Plugs gapped to 40, The wires with ACCEL Extreme 9000, Cap and rotor both ACCEL, Ignition Coil ACCEL, K&N Cold Air Intake, and changed out the Fuel Injectors

This truck did run right for about 10 minutes then went back to running like crap it Idles around right at 600 and if i lightly tap the throttle it drops almost to 450 and sometimes almost to point of stalling out, if i punch it, it will hesitate for half a second.

I am at a loss for words on this and its getting really frustrating especially since i have dumped almost $600 in parts, I did all labor myself and have even had the engines intake checked professionally for leaking plenum and its solid.

At this point I don't know what to do left, the only thing else that is original is the cats and oxygen sensors, if any Ram mechanic or RAM ASE certified mechanic can tell me what I should do at this point that would be great.

PS I have also Hard reset the truck too, unplug battery and turn key for 1 minute, again thanks guys and gals
You didn't list the MAF sensor. That would be my best guess if you haven't done it. If the computer doesn't sense that there's actually air flowing into the engine then it won't want to give it fuel.

An O2 sensor shouldn't make it run bad like that. It would just run rich or lean.... Are no DTC's showing up? And have you checked the fuel pressure?

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's