Thread: S&b cai
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:347
Ram725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the rough

S&B is a great product. I absolutely love mine.

I have always been a big proponent of enclosed intakes.

Pros with any CAI is more airflow to the motor. However, don't expect crazy mpg or performance gains from ANY CAI. No CAI will do anything crazy. But I do feel that every truck should have one. I have always had some sort of CAI on my trucks. They look great and do help.

My number two option for an intake is Vararam. Their intakes will probably give you more performance gains but I just didn't trust them off road. But they are great intakes.

Tuners will do more than an intake will. But I don't personally run one because of the risk with warranty. It is the only thing my dealer said will void my warranty. But they do a lot to wake these trucks up. I am not sure if one is out yet for the 13s. But Diablo and Bullydog both have good products for these trucks.

If it was me run a CAI and exhaust to free up your motor some and then when a tuner is available get it. A tuner will work much better with the CAI and exhaust in place.

Good luck and if you have any other questions let us know. In my sig there is a link to my S&B if you want to see pics etc. It is custom painted, they come black, just so you know

SOLD: 2012 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4
SOLD: 2012 RAM 1500 8" on 37s + much more Build Thread