View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 04:02 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of
Default Detailed my buddy's 3rd gen cummins 2500 this weekend...

Start to finish was 16 hours, I charged $25 an hour (discounted rate). He wanted full paint correction after 10 years of riding trails. Nice enough truck but I cant get over how nasty the interior's are build quality wise on the 3rd gen's.

The process was as follows:

Pre-soak and wash
Bug and tar remover
Clay
Machine Polish with Meguiar's #105 and Meguiar's #205
Meguiar's #7 Glaze
Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant
Meguiar's #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Carnuba Wax

Among other things, I used Simple Green Max on the engine bay, Along with Aerospace 303 on the plastic and rubber engine components, 303 on the interior and dash, 303 on the wheel wells and exterior plastic trim. Here are the pix!

Before:

Pre Soak:

Tires, wheel wells, engine bay and chassis cleaning:

This is my favorite go-to for cleaning Wheel Wells, Tires, engine bays and chassis':

I get it for $1 a bottle and its hands down the best cleaner I have found. I get it at dollar tree.

Bug and tar remover:

Continuing in a minute...

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Sponsored links