Trim Level: ASPP SLT Decor group
Color: APCA Center Band two tone forest green/ silv paint
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:10
Bandit 8 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Bandit 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiram03 View Post
OK, what fixed it? I have my SRT-10 that shut down on me and I got P0320 code, which is the crankshaft sensor. I tried a new sensor but no change, cranks but will not start.
Actually it is not fixed yet.

But I moved the truck to another shop who has a mechanic that stays up to date on the electrics and fuel systems in the late model vehicles.

His findings so far is.

The wires going to the transmission were bare due to fluids from the transmission deteriorating the insulation. When we pulled the tranny to re-build it we actually caused the wires to short out in turn blowing the computer. The shop working on the truck now found a piece of wire loom at a salvage yard to repair the wire loom and I actually oredered a new computer last Friday.

Computer cost retail was $552.00, my cost with his shop discount was actualy 427.88 including the sales tax.

The computer is due in some time this week. But as of yet the truck is still down. If this repairs the problem I`ll let you know.

Good luck with your truck. Iam an old time mechanic and know very little about these new systems. I also believe it is criminal that the factories have set these vehicles up to where the average fellow has to go to a shop with a ton of experience, computer programs and thousands of dollars worth of equipment so as to get a vehicle repaired.

I believe if we are going to have computer systems there should be something built in to where if a system is failing or has failed the actual problem is displayed on a monitor with instructions to the owner as to how to repair the problem along with what parts and tools needed. It absolutely sucks being at the mercy of some one else to repair your vehicle.