View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

The Ram 1500 4th gen trucks have a very efficient Air Intake. Unless you will be using a tuner to change the mappings of the engine to use more air than it was originally engineered to do, all you will get is some neat sound from the front of your truck. The horsepower gains they tell you are hog wash and whatever hp gains you may get will be unnoticeable. Now if you had an older truck with a more restrictive air intake, then I would say yes, you will have some gains, but not in the 4th gen trucks. That being said, I have a CAI., love the sound it makes on my engine, also have a free flow exhaust, love the sound there also, but until I put in a tuner, there was nothing to write home to mamma about. These trucks are engineered to have the most horsepower they can and be the most fuel efficient at the same time. Throttle body spacers wont help either. If you don't believe this, take your truck, dino it, put on the CAI and dino again, you will see, no gains, maybe at 100mph + with full throttle you might see some differences but do you drive your truck like that all day, all week? If you want hp, its in the low end that you want it, where you will have it for you in daily driving. If you buy this stuff to get HP then your buying it for the wrong reasons, if your buying it to have a permanent filter for as long as you own your truck, or for the sound it creates, for the fun of modding your truck, then this is for you.