Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
rango88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterdriver View Post
I concur, when the Hemi produces what it does normally aspirated.......way too many expensive parts to potentially let go in the Eco-boost.Just think, all the cost saving they claim in gas doesn't add up to anything when the little V-6 wears out or one of the two turbos pukes.

I agree the ecoboost seems complex when it comes to repairing and I would be scared of some guy called Keith or any other name (no offense to those called keith who know their way around tools) but I wouldnt trust anyone working on a complex engine, but it would be easy to argue that our Hemi which is a pushrod engine has lots of internal moving parts that could go wrong as well.

I'd be iffy owning an unproven turbo engine as much as I would owning a Hybrid, both would have high costs of ownership after the warranty is up.

Coming from a Ford truck that had warranty, Ford sucks a keeping they warranty its always an excuse for getting out of it and lots of people on ford forums complain about various Ford Services in dealerships all accross North America.

Last edited by rango88; 03-11-2013 at 03:18 PM.