Old 03-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500 5.7L Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
lamarsh is on a distinguished road

I just put a Flowmaster 40 on my 2008 1500 5.7L. I went with the 40 over the super 44 simply because the 40 sounds plenty ballsy with the 5.7L, and I heard the super 44 is a little over the top. With your 4.7L, however, you might actually want the super 44.

As for MDS--my truck has MDS, and you can DEFINITELY notice the MDS once you throw any muffler on that isn't silent like the OEMs. I didn't even know when my MDS was on and off before I put the Flowmaster on--now, I know when it turns on and off every single time. Annoying? Well, kind of. But, I will say it's very interesting to learn when it is activated and deactivated. With being able to hear it, while it is a bit irritating simply because it doesn't sound like a car (it sounds more like low pitch vacuum cleaner), I'm able to learn more about driving more carefully with fuel economy in mind (e.g., the more I concentrate on driving the same speed, the more the MDS is activated, which equates to better fuel economy). I will have you know that it's only been a month, so I might change my opinion as to how irritating it is. In any event, I'm also running a Superchips tuner which allows me to turn my MDS off at any time, so just keep that in mind.