View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 2x4
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:134
hodgeee will become famous soon enoughhodgeee will become famous soon enough
Default 85mm Fastman, and overall improvement.

I know, I know not another thread on throttle bodies!

I just installed mine today, 85mm from fastman. Man what just a little porting and smoothing will do was quit surprizing. I would recommend this in a moment. I am sure with my other mods and tunning with a RCSB my improvements are probably more noticable than others might get, but HemmiFever has tuned my truck for the added bolt ons, I just need to finish installing them. I immediatley noticed the difference in throttle response around the first corner.

I do notice that whenever I have added a power adder, it seems like the truck kinda of hiccups a little for the first couple applications of the throttle, like it is seeing the new part and adjusting for it, but then a couple of minutes later and it seems as if it was as smooth like it had always been there. Wide open throttle, seems just a tad stronger too. It seems like I can feel the improvement, although relativaly small overall, it seems like it is there from off idle to redline. A lot of other mods have not given me that kind of improvement over the rpm range like this did.

Its funny, I barely have to touch my throttle any more for normal driving, when before it felt like I had to mash the throttle to get it going, before all the modifications. It makes me love my truck more everyday, and I actually look forward to when I have to run an errand or drive to work. Makes the mundane chores a little more worthwhile.

Well, gears go in on the 22nd, 3.55s to 4.10s and hopefully by this time next 2 months I hope to have the converter in, and the long tubes installed. Check to see if HemmiFever wants to look over the tune one more time, then I will dyno my truck and post the results. I will by that time have all the bolt in power mods for this truck that are readily available!...............Heads and cam hopefully by the end of the year!!!???
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes
Sponsored links