View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Green
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:107
eight-bit will become famous soon enougheight-bit will become famous soon enough
Unhappy The Ram had a bad day...

This is kind of a horror and success story all rolled into one...

Let me precede this with the fact that I absolutely love my truck, and anyone who means it any harm is in imminent danger (I'm sure I'm not alone on that one here).

So I had to leave work to go ship something this afternoon. I find a nice parking space with two open spots on either side. I don't think I was in there any longer than five minutes.

I come out, hop in the truck and see a shopping cart right off my passenger side front corner, didn't really think anything of it. As I start to back up, I notice the cart move slightly, so the voice in my head screems "WTF! that means it was touching my truck!!!". I hop out and find that the whole corner of the truck was #$%@'ed up, 6" long scratch on the front side of the upper bumper (the body colored part), a whole section probably 9"-10"x3"-4" all rashed up on the corner of the upper bumper, and a nice 3"-4" scratch on the passenger side fender... This wasn't a little bit of wind pushing a cart across the lot, this was some effing toolbag hauling off and throwing the cart at my truck as hard as they could. Needless to say my blood pressure immediately hit stroke territory...

I get back to work and vent a bit before I realize I am just causing a scene in front of a bunch of people who just plain don't even care about cars (I, know right? What kind of people are these?!). The boss lets me take off for a bit to go see my body guy. He ends up looking at it and just saying "yeah, I got this all day", stops working on the '56 Chevy Bel Air he was working on, prep-wet sand-buff-polish, good as new in under 15 minutes. And just as an unexpected bonus he wouldn't even let me pay him (WooHoo!).

So at this point I don't know whether I had a bad day or a good one lol. At least it ended well.

*Prediction of first reply: tl;dr lol
Sponsored links