View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

The 3 items your are talking about will work well to help in your fuel economy, but only if you can keep your foot out of it and usually not higher than about 2500 RPM. That being said, I have all three on my truck and seriously find it more than difficult not to push my throttle past 2500 RPM.

The thing you need to remember here is that these newer trucks have been engineered to provide a ton of power and torque while at the same time a certain amount of fuel economy compared to old trucks and government regulations. Everything on the 4th gen trucks has been designed to give you the best horses it can and the best fuel economy it can. There are not the old trucks with restrictive everything when fuel was cheaper.

Now, again, that being said, if you invest in a CAI $300 a free flow exhaust $300 and a tuner $500, you will get (by staying out of it) better fuel economy. How much you ask, well depending on where you live, your position to sea level, the air your truck will suck in, the fuel your using (ie winter, summer, octane) you will or may see a fuel economy of 1 - 3%, now, if you drive 6500 miles a year, is it worth it? $1100 to say say 100$ of fuel saved? but if you drive 100000 miles a year, well then it just might be worth it.

Why did I change mine Intake, exhaust and add a tuner. Cause I like modding, I like the sound, I like the new shift point the tuner does to my transmission and at the end of the day if I saved .0001 % fuel well be it its a bonus. Hope this gives you a bit more insight

Last edited by Asur; 03-16-2013 at 09:36 AM.